Los Angeles Office or Remote in the United States
As senior vice president of operations, you will be responsible for the strategic leadership and general oversight of the finance, technology, and operations teams. You will set short- and long-term goals for the operations division to ensure ongoing efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability in Mercy For Animals’ business operations.
In partnership with other senior leaders, you will spearhead a mission to develop, implement, oversee, and evaluate Mercy For Animals’ strategic plan and objectives, as well as participate in managing the organization.
You will do invaluable work:
- Guide and oversee the design and implementation of short- and long-term objectives of the finance, technology, and operations teams, and ensure alignment with the organization’s overall vision, mission, and goals
- Partner with the senior leadership team on the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic plans, goals, and objectives, and proactively participate in managing the organization as a whole
- Provide leadership, oversight, and mentorship to the finance, technology, and operations teams, and promote a culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability aligned with our core values and leadership principles
- Lead the design, review, evaluation, and improvement of operations policies, procedures, processes, and systems toward organizational and programmatic efficiency, effectiveness, and fiscal sustainability
- Represent the organization as necessary, including serving as a spokesperson and attending important functions, events, press conferences, and meetings
- Follow all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Your qualifications will take our operations division to the next level:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or another relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years’ related professional experience, with three years in a strategic operational leadership role
- Minimum of five years’ team-leadership experience
- Strong business acumen, with a proven background in effective strategy design and execution
- Proven strategic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, engage, and influence others
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization
- Commitment and openness to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a positive and proactive leader, with an innate ability to inspire and motivate others. A strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, I am a highly effective advocate and can smoothly navigate even the most difficult conversations and situations. I thrive under pressure and deadlines, and I know how to manage time and resources effectively.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $90,000–$98,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role, outlining relevant experience and your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We embrace new perspectives and innovative ideas that come only from a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the principles of equality, equity, and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity, enabling every team member to be their best self. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include and encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
To apply for this job please visit mercyforanimals.org.