Faunalytics is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that empowers animal advocates with access to the research and data they need to reduce animal suffering. We’re looking for great researchers with a wide range of backgrounds and types of experience. As a Research Scientist, you will work closely with the Research Director on Faunalytics’ original research program. This includes conducting research, as well as helping us communicate that research to the public, and providing direct support to advocates.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing rigorous scientific studies
- Managing data collection
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Communicating results to a lay audience via written reports, infographics, oral presentations, media interviews, online forums, and more
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Supervising volunteer researchers and data analysts
- Writing grant applications and research proposals
- Communicating with and providing direct support to animal advocates, academics, and other stakeholders
- Occasionally assisting with non-research tasks
- Three or more years of experience leading primary research projects
- Experience conducting primary research in one of the following areas: psychology, economics, sociology, communications, applied statistics, or a related field
- A strong understanding of research methods in their field
- A strong understanding of statistical principles and methods that apply to their field
- A clear commitment to animal protection and Faunalytics’ mission
- Proficiency with a statistical software package
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with limited oversight
- PhD, PhD candidates, or Masters degree preferred but not required
- Proficiency with R
- Experience communicating research findings to a lay audience
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey programming tools
- Familiarity with animal advocacy groups and campaigns
- Familiarity with Effective Altruism and/or Effective Animal Advocacy
- Commitment to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunities
At Faunalytics our mission is to empower the animal protection community, and that means supporting advocates from all backgrounds and walks of life. We celebrate diversity in the movement, we’re committed to promoting diversity within our organization, and we believe that animal advocacy will be stronger when equity and inclusion are priorities. We strongly encourage women, people of the global majority, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of varied socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for this position.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How To Apply
For compensation details and instructions on how to apply, please visit https://faunalytics.org/faunalytics-is-seeking-a-research-scientist/.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.