Website Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Dedicated to saving animal lives and improving human health
Seeking a professional with at least one year of experience working in an office and a demonstrated interest in plant-based nutrition to support patients and the smooth and efficient operation of a Washington, D.C. primary care medical center that integrates plant-based nutrition education into medical care.
About Barnard Medical Center
Founded by Neal Barnard, M.D., president of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, the Barnard Medical Center is a new model for medical care that integrates nutrition education and disease prevention into providing state-of-the-art medical care. Barnard Medical Center takes advantage of years of research conducted by the Physicians Committee research team and other researchers, showing how a new approach to medicine and nutrition could help prevent and reverse serious health problems.
About this Career Opportunity
The Barnard Medical Center is looking for a Medical Office Associate to join our team. The Medical Office Associate is the first point of contact for patients and assists with the day-to-day operation of the clinic. Essential functions and specific duties include:
- Patient support
- Receive incoming calls from patients and schedule appointments and answer questions
- Greet patients and visitors
- Collect and record payments
- Maintain patient records
- Clinic support
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including data collection for reports and the development of standard operating procedures and best practices
- Liaise with internal support departments and external vendors to ensure the clinic is welcoming, functional, and safe
- Inventory, purchase, and stock supplies
- Serve as point of contact for setting up for meetings and nutrition classes
- Cross-train on other team members’ duties to be able to provide back-up support as needed
- Assist with medical billing
- Assist with patient education and support programs
- Assist with clinical research studies
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a professional with at least one year of office experience and a demonstrated interest in plant-based (vegan) nutrition. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success with:
- Providing excellent service and/or support
- Working hard and going the extra mile
- Approaching others with respect and courtesy
- Holding their work to the highest standards down to the last detail
- Working as a part of a team
- Approaching their work with optimism
- Taking on new projects and responsibilities
- Experience working in a medical office is preferred, but not required
If you have these qualifications along with a strong desire to help patients make lifestyle changes to maximize their health, we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.