Website Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Dedicated to saving animal lives and improving human health
Washington, D.C., nonprofit dedicated to saving animal lives and improving human health seeks a fundraising professional with at least three years of experience working in a development program to manage and grow our established legacy program.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About the Development Team
The development team supports the Physicians Committee’s work through a variety of fundraising channels, including individual gifts, grants, direct response, legacy giving, and special events. The team members are dedicated to finding innovative ways to keep existing supporters informed of campaign progress and to seek new support. The team is knowledgeable and well-versed in the organization’s efforts and prides itself on being creative, accessible, donor-centric, and supportive of each other.
About this Career Opportunity
The Legacy Program Coordinator will contribute to increasing support for the Physicians Committee’s work by managing our legacy program, including facilitating bequest administration, marketing, outreach to prospective and existing Lifetime Partners, and acquiring new legacy gift commitments.
Essential functions and specific duties include:
Coordinate the Lifetime Partner program:
- Act as the point of contact for inquiries about leaving legacy gifts for the Physicians Committee.
- Create and implement multichannel marketing strategies to communicate with current Lifetime Partners and acquire new Lifetime Partners, including direct mail, marketing collateral, Good Medicine magazine, annual report, online communications, and events.
- Complete proposals and finalize gift arrangements for bequests, charitable gift annuities, and various other legacy gifts.
- Direct and oversee stewardship and recognition programs to ensure Lifetime Partners feel appreciated and continue to be engaged with the Physicians Committee.
- Work closely with legal and finance departments to oversee the administration of estates to ensure prompt settlement and payment of bequests to the Physicians Committee.
- Enhance, monitor, and maintain the Physicians Committee’s legacy giving website to successfully engage supporters and encourage legacy gifts.
- Provide administrative support to the vice president of development and major gifts team: The Legacy Program Manager will work closely with the major gifts team in the outreach to members about legacy opportunities and identification of new legacy gifts.
- Process in-house acknowledgements for major and VIP gifts.
- Provide ongoing scheduling support to vice president of development.
- Attend development events as needed to interact and engage with prospects/members
This is a full-time position that requires responding to member inquiries outside of regular working hours and attending events that requires travel and evening or weekend work. The role is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line). There is the option for some work to be performed remotely from a location proximate to the office if desired.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a fundraising professional with at least three years of experience. Experience with legacy giving and major gifts is a plus. We’re looking for a team member with exemplary communication skills, a creative thinker, and someone who cares about helping others achieve their goals. If you have these qualifications and are passionate about the Physicians Committee’s mission, we’d like to hear from you.
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org