About the job
We created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious – growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people.
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our team of +100 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.
We are proudly a Living Wage employer!
We are proudly a B-corp, considering planet and people alongside profit.
- No recruiters please
As a People Consultant, you will be unshackled from the day to day and be a force for change in the business. You will help to make allplants an exceptional place to work by advising leadership, identifying and executing the most important change and scaling projects and developing the current People team.
Length: 4-6 months (to be agreed)
Starting: late January 2021
Location: Remote for now, but back in our Blackhorse Road HQ once government guidelines change
Working with us, you will
- Provide HR expertise and thought leadership on strategic decisions
- Advising on how to build a better, more progressive People function that is set up for long-term success
- Hands-on support designing and implementing better processes + practices across all touch points of the People Experience in: performance, L&D, progression & benefits and on-boarding
- Develop managers and leaders with tailored + focused training
- Articulate allplants values + behaviours and ensuring that these are integrated throughout all practices
- Mentor + Coach the current People team members
What you’ll need
- Passion for people: highly self aware and personable, with an exceptionally high EQ.
- Been there, done it: Strong track record of scaling People Ops and Culture in high growth organisations and can show successful delivery across employee growth, culture, engagement and recruitment
- Proactive doer: embody proactivity, with a can-do attitude, and solid project management. Willing to dig-in, research and learn a way around any challenge autonomously.
- Culture leader: bring a sense of humour to balance your resilience, with high energy and drive for a healthier plant-powered future, with a vision for how this scales into our culture.
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a business with an impact and purpose (we’re also a certified B-Corp!), using commerciality to better serve people & planet
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks every day, and lots of allplants tastings(!) from our exceptional in-house cheffing team
- Collaborative, purpose-built office in Blackhorse Road, on the Victoria line
- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- Listed as Escape The City’s and Rocket List’s top companies to work for ✌️
- Free allplants delivery once per month
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on [email protected] if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we’re committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.