Website Florida Crystals
About the job
Florida Crystals is a leading domestic sugar producer and North America’s first fully integrated cane sugar company, guiding our sugar from farm to table. We are America’s first and only producer of certified organic sugar, grown and harvested in the United States. Our renewable energy facility is the largest of its kind in North America and provides clean energy that powers our sugar operations, which helps us reduce our use of fossil fuels. Florida Crystals also sustainably farms rice, sweet corn and other vegetables in rotation with our sugarcane. Our rice mill is the only rice mill in Florida. Our premium, gluten-free and vegan rice is sold through our Florida Table™ brand as well as through private label.
The Maintenance Technician works under the direction of Packaging Maintenance Supervisor to make sure equipment in their assigned area is maintained and runs effectively and safely to meet production expectations. Emphasis will be on quantity and quality output, while maintaining equipment in top operating condition.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for diagnosing equipment problems, checking sequences of operations and operating condition of equipment, repairing equipment, making and using special tools, working from specifications and verbal instructions, inspecting and recommending routine and preventative maintenance.
- Perform work done on equipment such as lubrication, cleaning, and regular maintenance tasks.
- Communicate with supervision regarding equipment condition and needed repairs, progress of repairs, reasons for delays, and progress and capability of trainees.
- The hourly rate for this position will be determined by the current collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to work overtime, rotating shifts and weekends on a regular basis
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Electrical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and analyze machine drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read operating manuals and troubleshooting guides.
- Knowledge of gauges and other indicator systems.
- Able to use Digital Multi Meter.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a unionized environment.
- Competent use of hand tools, understanding of equipment interaction, understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, scales, and coders.
- Understanding of production machinery components and ability to conduct test.
- Ability to troubleshoot electric motors and motor assemblies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair and replace basic electrical components and devices.
- At least 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance or service organization
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.