Website Farm Sanctuary
The Human Resources Intern provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including, but not limited to record-keeping, file maintenance, and HR data entry. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable HR experience as you will work on various projects. You will report to the Intern & Recruiting Coordinator with oversight from the HR Manager and work on executing organization-wide solutions that reinforce our culture and values. Collaboration, attention to detail, and execution skills are critical in this role. You will be working within the HR function in Recruiting, HRIS, Performance Management, Learning & Development, and Employee Engagement.
A Day in the Life:
- Provides project support such as, but not limited to, performance management, recruiting, intern program development, data entry, and research.
- Integrates diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices throughout all assignments.
- Recommends and implements process and program changes to maximize effectiveness.
- Schedules and coordinates calls, meetings, and interviews.
- Coordinate employee engagement events and gifts.
- Conduct audits of HRIS and run first of the month reports.
- Assist in payroll preparation (input absences as needed and ensure company policies are enforced)
- Update program materials and leads events for other intern groups.
- Assists with new hire onboarding process (scheduling, presentations, logistics, etc.).
- Supports HR staff with various tasks as assigned.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is currently studying towards their Bachelor’s with one of the following majors: Human Resources, Business Administration, or any relevant majors or is currently attending an institution of learning leading to a certificate in Human Resources.
- Loves solving and analyzing problems to build creative solutions.
- Knows how to set priorities and deliver what you commit to.
- Has the ability to maintain professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Has the ability to learn on the job in a rapidly changing environment.
- Has good interpersonal skills to persuade, influence, and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Has proficiency with Google G Suite or related software.
- Must be able to complete assignments during core business hours (flexible schedule as necessary)
- Must be available to commit to a 3-month unpaid internship
- Must be able to provide a statement from the student’s school, which confirms you are working towards a degree, diploma, or certificate.
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.