About the job
Mystifry is the first vegan donut shop in Switzerland, specializing in handmade brioche-type donuts with a monthly changing flavour menu. It’s our purpose to show people how delicious and indulgent vegan food can be.
As all of our donuts are made by hand, we are looking for a long-term HEAD BAKER with passion and commitment to join the team full-time and oversee bakery operations as well as food production.
You’ll be responsible for making sure our donuts taste and look amazing and will work diligently to cut, proof, fry and decorate our donuts each night, all while maintaining a clean and health-code compliant kitchen.
You will be expected to work independently on day-to-day activities whilst collaborating with the rest of the Mystifry team to improve products and develop respective roles.
We believe in open communication and strive to be as transparent and authentic as possible in everything we do and say. Strong interpersonal skills are extremely valuable because of our small team size. We will be working closely together and often be in contact with suppliers, customers and our lovely community. BIPoC and FLINT* are strongly encouraged to apply!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to work overnight shifts (12am-8am) from Wednesday to Sunday is a must
• Professional training in baking / culinary arts strongly preferred
• Previous experience in working with yeasted dough / pastry strongly preferred
• Able to follow recipes and weigh ingredients out properly
• Undying passion for baking and an interest in vegan food
• Extreme attention to detail
• Comfortable with physically strenuous / repetitive tasks, must be able to lift up to 30 Kg
• Fluency in German and English, as our team and business partners are multi-lingual
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
• Familiarity with Switzerland’s food health laws & workplace safety
• Ready to expand responsibilities along with business growth
• Positive, friendly attitude & a team player mentality
• Swiss driver license is a plus
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Calculate the number of donuts needed to be cut and fried daily based on given production totals
• Mix dough, cut, proof and fry brioche donuts
• Mix glazes, make fillings and toppings
• Decorate fried donuts
• Contribute to the research & development of new products and flavours
• Manage secure opening/closing of the kitchen
• Maintain a tidy workspace through cleaning and disinfection
• Help optimise kitchen processes
• Regularly track current stock of ingredients & re-stocking as necessary
• Complete and submit cleaning checklists at designated times
• Other related responsibilities as assigned
WHAT WE OFFER
• “People over profits” isn’t just an empty phrase for us – we deeply care about each team member and strive to create an inclusive environment for all, regardless of their background or identity
• Flat hierarchy and open discussions
• Free donuts and drinks
• A queer-friendly, vegan, openly political and feminist work place
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.