Website Green & Tonic
$12 – $15 an hour
Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
T The Prep Cook is to assist the Chef and Lead Prep Cook with daily food production. This includes preparing foods to recipes, packing foods, labeling foods and dating foods for freshness. Follow all Department of Health rules concerning the safe handling, packaging and storing of perishable products. Ensure that all product is moved with care and temperature sensitive items are handled properly. Contributes to the financial success of Green & Tonic cafes by working in a timely and proficient manner and foods with care.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in plant-based food preparations. They must adhere to kitchen health and safety standards. Our products are both vegan and gluten-free while being as healthy as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare items in production using from-scratch recipes provided
- Executing consistent and visually appealing products
- Monitor par levels and production daily
- Maintain a neat workstation while adhering to food safety standards
- Assist with end-of-day cleaning duties while using protocol checklists
- Work well with others by being supportive and remaining calm during times of stress
- 1 Year experience in a relevant food prep kitchen.
- Certificate in culinary arts (preferred but not required).
- SevSafe Certified (preferred but not required).
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Ability to maintain a clean workstation.
- Willingness to learn about vegan & gluten-free dietary requirements and limitations.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation.
- A passion for healthy food options.
- Positive approach to all work duties and assignments.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible/varied schedule availability to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legally permitted work in the US without need for sponsorship.
P Physical Job Requirements/Essential Job Functions
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, and lean to grasp objects and manipulate equipment.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Lift up to 50 lbs., pull/push up to 10 lbs. using a utility cart.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (freezers, ovens etc.) for brief periods of time.
- Responsible use of knives and other tools with sharp edges.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.