Website Farm Sanctuary
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and implementing Farm Sanctuary’s visual identity—using design to provoke thinking, emotion, and action. The ideal candidate has design experience across print and digital platforms and values a unified visual brand identity. You are a strong conceptual thinker who can create compelling visual communications. This position reports to the Senior Content Manager with extensive collaboration with Farm Sanctuary’s Chief Communications, Content, and Brand Creative Officer.
- Establish and maintain the highest level of visual execution across all platforms.
- Ensure all design is aligned with brand standards—and an organization-wide commitment to brand design consistency.
- Create high-impact marketing and advertising materials, and merchandise product design, as needed.
- Create compelling editorial materials, including infographics, website collateral, email campaigns, calendar, bi-annual print magazine, and presentations.
- Collaborate with editorial, photo, web, social, and video teams to ensure high impact creative work across all platforms.
- Keep up with the latest trends and innovations in design, including fonts and technology.
- Work closely with content creators and organization stakeholders to ensure that editorial, programmatic, and marketing needs are balanced with design requirements.
- Cultivate and manage a pool of go-to freelance designers.
- Commission original artwork (including illustrations, typography, icons, and animations) while maintaining budgets and invoices.
- Communicate consistently with the Senior Content Manager to track projects, articulate needs and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate actively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven graphic design experience across a variety of mediums and a portfolio of original work that backs it up
- BFA in graphic design or related discipline required
- Creativity, curiosity, imagination, originality, individuality, vision, and expressiveness
- Deep, comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (After Effects experience not required but a big plus)
- Working knowledge of GSuite, Canva
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills with incredible attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast-paced production environment and turnaround artwork quickly and on short notice.
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative, and dynamic team culture
- Positive and driven, curious and creative about learning new ways to approach graphic design, best in class solutions and tools, and a seeker of knowledge
- Embraces our values of partnership and is a true team player
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission, goals, and programs
- Full-time, exempt position
- The position is based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles or remote
- Salary range is $60,000-70,000
- Competitive benefits package, including 13 paid holidays; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance and free access to CALM meditation app
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.