Are you well organised and good at ensuring administrative issues are in order? Are you keen to join a team that is working to make a real difference for animals, our health, society, and the planet?
ProVeg SA is looking for a reliable and professional general assistant to provide support to the director and help to strengthen the administrative function of the organisation. The general assistant will assist with a wide range of administrative and support functions, including general admin, scheduling meetings, bookkeeping, filing, banking etc. The candidate will play a vital support role in ensuring that ProVeg is an efficient and impactful force for change in South Africa.
- Scheduling meetings, answering calls and general queries
- Data capturing, filling in forms, filing
- Basic Bookkeeping (experience in bookkeeping advantageous, but not required)
- Administration of staff reimbursements
- Stock and merchandise control
- Booking venues, getting quotes
- Deliveries, arranging couriers etc.
- Ordering/purchasing stationery, catering, and other ad hoc items
- Other ad hoc tasks as required by the director or programme coordinator
- Strong admin and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter personality, with a curious and creative nature and a drive to continuously improve
- Fluent in English, with good written and verbal communications skills
- Positive communications approach
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work occasionally at events on weekends and evenings
- Experience in a similar role
- Degree/Diploma in a related field
- Alignment with goals of ProVeg
- Working experience with Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Drive
- Fluent in additional South African languages
- Drivers license and own vehicle
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A strong organisational focus on personal development
- Flexibility around working arrangements
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
- Reports to: Director, ProVeg South Africa
- Location: Pinelands, Cape Town (based or willing to relocate to Cape Town)
- Hours: 20-40 hour per week
- Monthly remuneration: R6,000 – R12,000 per month CTC depending on hours worked, qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.