Website Agrocorp International
About the job
You will work within the R&D team to develop products and generate product requirements, determining specifications, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introductions into the market.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To develop innovative food products (incorporate pulses and plant-based proteins as a core ingredient) from concept to production phase. This includes vegan snacks, beverages and meat analogues.
- To conduct analytical testing, functional or application testing and profile evaluations of new developments.
- To conduct factory trials and shelf-life testing of all new products.
- To utilize modern food processing techniques such as extrusion, retort sterilization, fermentation and spray drying to produce the desired texture and taste of the food product.
- To work with local research institutes and contract manufacturers to perform pilot testing and product formulation work.
- To work with Agrocorp engineering team for commercial line set-up once pilot testing is complete.
- To research on the latest food processing techniques and food products being introduced into the market by Agrocorp’ s competitors.
- To ensure that the latest standards in food safety and operational efficiency is being implemented in pilot testing and commercial production.
· Post Graduate Degree level qualification in Food Science and Technology.
· At least 2 years of working experience within the Food Industry is essential, preferably working with plant proteins, vegan foods products or other similar products and applications.
· Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the resilience to manage roadblocks, and to see a project out to the end.
· Skilled at working effectively within a team and focusing on a collective goal.
· Must have the ability to build and maintain key working relationships with both suppliers and customers.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.