Volunteer Position Description: Food Policy Task Force Co-Chair
Humane Action Pittsburgh (HAP) will be creating a city-wide task force to advise on issues related to food policy. As the Co-Chair, you will make a difference for billions of farm animals worldwide, while also saving the planet and people’s health.
Purpose of the Position
• Educate the public and decision-makers on how food choices affect the environment
• Organize and strategize with co-chair on ground-breaking task force that can be a model for other cities across the globe
• Help HAP achieve our common goal of building the Model Humane City
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with planning and implementation of all task force projects
• Cultivate relationships with organizations and city officials to advance the mission of HAP and promote the task force
• Plan and attend meetings of the task force
• Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
• Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
• Share and support HAP’s mission and cover values; adhere to HAP’s policies
• Other duties as needed
Training on HAP’s values and policies.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Passion and knowledge of food justice related issues
• An outgoing personality and eagerness to meet new people
• Follow a plant-based diet
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong leadership qualities
• Creativity and ability to “think outside the box” a plus
• Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
• Ability to work independently, follow and give instructions, and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of Google Drive, or a willingness to learn
Time Commitment Required
3 – 4 hours per week
Location varies; typically within the City of Pittsburgh. Much of the work can be done remotely.
Professional dress required for meetings.
Benefits to the Volunteer
• Put your skills to work influencing policy and the health and nutrition of our region
• Know you are making a difference in reducing the suffering of animals, improving the health of the general public, and saving the environment for future generations
• Opportunity to meet new people and network with community members and volunteers
• Be a valued HAP team member
• Build your resume
Natalie Ahwesh, Vice President
Brian Bonsteel, Founder and President
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
• Support of HAP leadership and members
• Respect and appreciation for your contribution an input
View this post on Instagram
Join us tonight on Zoom! In collaboration with @animalwellnessaction, we are offering a free screening of @projectcoyoteorg’s award-winning documentary “KILLING GAMES: Wildlife in the Crosshairs.” Following the screening, we will have an exciting panel discussion. Register for free now – link in bio!
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.