Website MycoTechnology, Inc.
About the job
The Fermentation Engineer performs all aspects of fungal fermentation to include bench top fermentation, scale-up, validation and maintenance of mycelium fermentation systems. This position supports the work of the R&D microbiology team and cross-functional production, marketing, sales, and quality teams.
- Oversee all levels of fermentation from bench scale to pilot scale.
- Optimize growth parameters through culture conditions evaluation and scale-up so that optimal yields are available for down-stream processing.
- Ensure accurate execution and implementation of experiments, analyzing results, and reporting work results.
- Support marketing, sales, production and quality teams.
- Troubleshoot, disassembly, clean and reassembly of fermentation equipment.
- Plan and coordinate fermentation weekly work schedule.
- Write standard operating procedures, batch production records and any other documents that require compliance with GMP.
- Supervise/mentor staff and provide insight and technical expertise for project progression.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner to maintain continuity in workflow.
- Research new equipment and processes, applying information to job responsibilities.
- Work on cross-departmental teams to implement novel processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ fermentation experience, including developing fungal (filamentous) fermentation to address the issues related to scale-up.
- 3+ years’ mycelium fermentation experience from bench scale to pilot scale production.
- 3+ years’ management experience.
- Knowledge of filamentous fungal biology.
- Strong knowledge of protein quality.
- Knowledge of down-stream processing, freeze-drying, spray drying, high cell density, and centrifugation.
- Familiarity with related fields such as microbial physiology, general microbiology, microbial fermentation, physical chemistry and biochemistry.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation of scientific concepts and results to internal and external customers.
- Ability to rapidly reprioritize to match dynamic and demanding timelines.
Incorporated in 2013, MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that has developed a novel food processing platform using gourmet fungi to transform products by improving taste, value and nutritional characteristics. MycoTechnology developed the world’s first 100% natural, GMO free, chemical free, and certified organic bitter blocker, ClearTasteTM, which directly removes the need for sugar in foods by blocking the perception of unwanted taste, including bitterness, astringency, and other flavor defects in various food products. The largest food companies around the world are looking to use the technology to reformulate products to be healthier for consumers. MycoTechnology recently introduced PureTasteTM, a high quality, neutral tasting, complete vegan protein, that has the nutritional profile unlike any other protein on the market.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.