About the job
- Develop best-in-class consumer preferred meat analogue recipes and applications based on high-moist extrusion textured protein (HMEC) or dry Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP).
- Be the expert, repository of know-how and key go-to person for the use of texturants used in plant based meat analogue recipes like fibers, starches, gums and other vegan, natural texturants.
- Lead projects on new plant proteins with Start-ups and established B2B clients to develop innovative best-in-class vegan meat analogue applications applying full know how on texturizing agents and flavorings.
- Lead all the application laboratory activities, manage, guide and train laboratory technicians in the space of meat analogues.
- Set-up protocols and execute stability tests for flavors and applications in the smart protein space focusing on meat analogues.
- Training of regional people on best in class applications on texturizing ingredients and producing written training material
- Design and statistical interpretation of sensory tests to study influence of novel protein sources and texturants on flavor performance.
- University degree (MSc) in Food Technology or Food Engineering or Food Science
- Profound experience, minimum 15 years in the savory food and/or food ingredient industry with strong track record in successful product development and product launches
- Having in-depth expert knowledge in texturing ingredients like fibers, starches, gums, etc, for plant protein based meat analogue recipe development (nuggets, burger patties, sausages, pulled ‘meat’, ‘meat balls’, etc)
- Having strong working experience with food flavors and with ingredients beyond texturants like stabilizers, emulsifiers, spices, herbs, dried vegetables, bulking agents, etc
- Experience in leading and managing application teams
- Manage complex projects internally and with clients
- Excellent language skills (English) paired with high level emotional skills to facilitate cross-functional communication in a multi-cultural team
- Computer literate , specifically in SAP and being familiar with computer databases like Atlas, Oxygen, CoreDB or Muse
- The ability to lead a technical team in a highly creative, diverse and imaginative environment in an incredibly competitive and inspiring industry
- A fast-paced environment surrounded by some of the biggest talents and brands in the flavors industries.
- An opportunity to be part of an international innovation community that tackles questions for the future of food with direct short-term business impact
- To be part of a company shaping a strong legacy through breakthrough industrial innovations and technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.