Students Opposing Speciesism (SOS) is PETA’s youth-led program to challenge the norm and help end speciesism. Our goals are to bring the social justice issue of animal rights to the forefront of people’s minds and create real change by inspiring youth leaders to be effective disruptors of speciesism.
We are looking for a passionate and driven leader to direct and strategize the Students Opposing Speciesism program.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with other members of the PETA leadership team to develop an overall vision, strategy, and plan to guide the SOS program
• Work with other members of the SOS program team to develop and execute comprehensive plans to help high school and college students grow a youth-led animal rights movement (i.e. establish, engage, recruit, and grow high school, college, community groups)
• Strategize new efforts to recruit via peer to peer outreach, digital efforts, text messaging, and through grassroots activism, and guide young activists to continue to fuel the movement to dismantle speciesism
• Strategize and lead efforts to foster youth animal activists and build a stronger community within them through the SOS virtual training program, virtual conferences, and other communication
• Work to increase the impact and frequency of SOS leader and member activism
• Work closely with PETA’s social media team to engage members of Gen Z and grow SOS’s Instagram presence
• Analyze SOS efforts to ensure maximum success
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• 5+ years of relevant experience working on, including 2 years leading, an advocacy or organizing program or a similar role at a political campaign, non-profit, or agency
• Demonstrated passion and day-to-day interest in social justice issues, policy, and culture
• Thorough knowledge of youth culture
• Proven excellent project-management, strategic-thinking, and analytical skills
• Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
• Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent judgments and decisions
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Support for PETA’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.