Website Farm Sanctuary
The Communications Project Manager (CPM) is a key player in a busy in-house communications shop working across departments and platforms to amplify the issues driving the Farm Sanctuary mission. It requires the innovativeness of a content creator with the practical focus of an operations manager to guide teams and oversee the production and delivery of communications content and marketing plans on a range of platforms and experiences—print and digital—including blogs, video, emails, landing pages, custom branded content, campaigns, advertising, events, and more. The CPM reports to the Chief Communications & Brand Creative Officer and manages the Communications Project Coordinator.
- Create and develop content and marketing project plans that support the creative process from conception to project completion, ensuring timely and quality execution of deliverables utilizing scheduling/production knowledge of different media channels and industry best practices.
- Asess and optimize current systems.
- Manage the content creation and approval process.
- Manage the print production process ensuring projects are delivered on-time, to spec, with an eye for quality assurance.
- Manage contracts, rights, and licenses.
- Manage budgets and billing.
- Monitor workflow and initiate preventive or remedial actions as needed.
- Monitor risks (known or unknown) and elevate issues to supervisor when projects are at risk and create contingency planning.
- Lead internal project status meetings and communicate ongoing updates to the team.
- Coordinate and assist with workload and resource allocation within and between creative teams, ensuring established due dates are met for each project during the creative process.
- Support the team in obtaining assets and collateral needed to complete projects.
Engagement with Internal and External Stakeholders:
- Interface with various Farm Sanctuary teams: Marketing, Merchandising, Editorial, Design, Website, Education, Development, Visitor Experiences, and Advocacy to interpret marketing objectives and communicate feedback for each project.
- Ensure all required project owners and proofreaders have reviewed and approved projects continuously throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinate copy, art, and proof corrections with various internal teams and vendors.
- Assist with the execution of media buys and budgets.
- Work with vendors to coordinate needs and follow up on delivery.
- Obtain final approval for the release of completed projects.
- Interface with additional external stakeholders as needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management.
- Proven ability to manage relationships and drive the process.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse creative team, keeping others informed, and highlighting opportunities and risks associated with campaigns and projects.
- Experience in defining and managing the scope of online and offline projects, effectively setting, observing, and re-evaluating project priorities often.
- Ability to think creatively and bring innovative solutions to project management and marketing challenges.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be solution-oriented.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to experiment and draw insights from data.
- Strong critical thinker with a high level of accountability.
- BA/BS in marketing, communication, or business preferred.
- This full-time, exempt position is based at Farm Sanctuary’s Los Angeles office.
- Key Technical Skills:
- Experience with Project Management systems.
- Experience entering content in WordPress or other CMS templates.
- Experience with QA tools and methodology.
- Basic HTML proficiency.
- Google Sheets and/or Excel wizardry.
- Adobe Creative Suite Experience preferred
- Other Key Characteristics:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and team-oriented.
- Very strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and best practices.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.