Position: Communications & Development Manager
Location: San Antonio, TX (3 days/wk.) & Kendalia, TX (2 days/wk.)
Job Type: Full-time, Monday through Friday (occasional evenings & weekends)
Description: The primary duties of the Communications & Development Manager include community outreach through press releases, petitions, and pledges, website updates, marketing assistance through donor and volunteer collateral materials, and development assistance with events. The person in this position must be personable, creative, flexible, and highly organized, with excellent design, computer, writing, administrative, and communication skills.
This position works under the supervision of the Founder/President and Donor Engagement Manager and has the following responsibilities and duties (primary tasks are bolded):
- Coordination of WRR communication functions including publications, press releases, photographs, blogs, e-alerts, newsletters;
- Maintain website, monitor SEO and web traffic metrics;
- Advocacy outreach with a continued knowledge of animal rights issues; will write letters, press releases, petitions, and pledges, seek media coverage, represent WRR in collaborative efforts, conduct research and prepare written documents in support of advocacy, stay informed on current animal-related news, organization actions, and changes;
- Assist in design of all WRR collateral, electronic and print materials;
- Assist in writing, design and delivery of annual report
- Assist in the coordination of special events, fairs, presentations and donor engagement events;
- Assist with event management; conduct event marketing and outreach.
- Assist with volunteer outreach; conduct volunteer-specific marketing.
- Other duties assigned by the Founder/President and Donor Engagement Manager
▣ Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
▣ Preferred 3 years’ nonprofit, development, marketing, advocacy, or public relations experience.
▣ Demonstrated experience with social media platforms and marketing techniques, including design and layout.
▣ Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress or other web publishing platforms.
▣ Experience with publications management and possession of professional writing skills.
▣ Valid Driver’s License and must have daily use of a vehicle.
▣ High attention to detail and ability to work with others to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
▣ Knowledgeable about animal and environmental protection issues. Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
The successful candidate must embrace the mission and values of Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation, including our belief that all animals — rare or common, regardless of species — are deserving of care, attention, and respect. WRR culture requires staff to be comfortable with and empathize with animals (and people who rescue them) during stressful and emotional situations; use critical and independent thinking skills to connect with volunteers and donors who love and care about animals; and be able to multi-task and manage work load efficiently with limited supervision at times. This person will understand that their work will be edited by others, and will be open to constructive criticism and collaborative work environment. An attitude of cooperation and teamwork is essential to success in this role.
Additional Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to draft, review and produce well-written materials. Ability to make presentations.
2. Composure: Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
3. Decision Making: Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
4. Organization: Ability to keep various on-going projects organized. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
5. Reporting Relationships: Accountable to Chief Executive & Development Officer
6. Other Relationships: Founder/President, Donor Engagement Manager, Volunteer & Education Coordinator, the Public
Compensation: Salary range is $40,000-$60,000 annually, plus benefits (WRR will pay 55% of your monthly insurance premium). Candidates selected for interview will be requested to provide references and a portfolio of writing samples and graphic designs. Position open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Paid time off
How to Apply:
Persons interested in applying for this position should send a resume, cover letter, references, and a portfolio of writing samples and graphic designs to [email protected] Please list all attachments as PDFs and update the subject line of the e-mail to “Application: Communications & Development Manager”. Applications will not be reviewed until all requested documentation is submitted.
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.