Volunteer Position Description: Administrative Assistant
Humane Action Pittsburgh (HAP) is seeking a volunteer to assist leadership on a regular basis with research, communication, education, etc. HAP is a fully volunteer-run organization, and our members provide a powerful voice for legislation, personal health, and personal activism.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist leadership with duties as needed
· Weekly check-in meetings with leadership
· Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
· Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
· Share and support HAP’s mission and cover values; adhere to HAP’s policies
· Other duties as needed
Training on HAP’s values and policies.
Skills and Qualifications
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
· Research capabilities
· Excellent organizational skills
· Technology and ability to attend meetings both in person and online
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
· Ability to work independently, follow and give instructions, and meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of Google Drive, or a willingness to learn
Time Commitment Required
2 – 3 hours per week
Location varies; typically within the City of Pittsburgh. Much of the work can be done remotely.
Professional dress required for meetings. If attending an informal event, volunteer must purchase a HAP or NPP t-shirt at cost.
Benefits to the Volunteer
· Put your skills to work helping further animal protection
· Know you are making a difference in reducing the suffering of animals, improving the health of the general public, and saving the environment for future generations
· Opportunity to meet new people and network with community members and volunteers
· Be a valued HAP team member
· Build your resume
· Gain real world experience while helping animals
Natalie Ahwesh, Vice President
Brian Bonsteel, Founder and President
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
· Support of HAP leadership and members
· Respect and appreciation for your contribution an input
To apply for this job please visit veganjobs.com.