Rachel will be cooking from her kitchen to guide us through making a delicious coconut and cardamom dahl from store cupboard essentials.
These ingredients will make approximately 6 servings
. Feel free to reduce quantities for yourself at home.
● 2 x tsp Cumin Seeds
● 2 x tsp Coriander Seeds
● Seeds from 6 Cardamom pods
● 2 x tsp Fennel Seeds
● 2 x tbsp Sunflower Oil
● 2 x medium Brown Onions, Finely Chopped
● 6 x Large Garlic Cloves, Crushed
● 3 x heaped tsp Ground Turmeric
● 500g Red Lentils
● 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk 400ml
● Sea Salt & Black Pepper
● Nigella Seeds for Garnish
● 1 tbsp Vegan Butter *optional
● Rice to serve. Brown Basmati would be lovely with this curry!
Fresh Tomato, Coriander and Red Onion Relish
● 2 x Tomatoes, diced
● ½ Red Onion, finely diced
● 15g (a small handful) of Fresh Coriander Leaves- roughly chopped
● 2 tsp Nigella Seeds
Rachel is the Cafe Manager of Sidney St Cafe at the LGBT+ Centre. She has a passion for sustainable and locally produced vegan ingredients.